|Sir Ninian Comper (1864-1960). A remarkably flamboyant Anglo-catholic architect and designer, who produced a vast body of work in both Anglican and Catholic churches all over the world. His work in Suffolk is on a grand scale at Eye, but probably most famously at Lound, where, working on and off over 40 years, he transformed a small medieval shell into a gorgeous Anglo-catholic shrine. His work can also be found at Ipswich St Mary Elms, Lowestoft St Margaret, Ufford and Kettlebaston (although the colourful paintwork there is not his). Much loved by John Betjeman, his work was anathema to the likes of Cautley.